Government of Nepal Logo
Government of Nepal
Ministry of Home affairs

Department of Immigration

Kalikasthan, Dillibazar, Kathmandu.

FAQs related to Working Visa

  1. What is the processing fee for Working Visa ?

​- 60 USD per month.


       2. How much should I pay to get Dependent (Working Visa) for my spouse?

- 60 USD per month.


       3. What additional document do I need to produce to get Dependent visa for my dependents?

- Recommendation letter from concerned line agency (Ministry of Nepal Government) asking DOI to issue Dependent Visa;

- The Recommendation letter should include details of each dependent (name/passport number/ relationship with the main applicant).

      4. If I need to get working visa for 15 days, how much should I pay?

 - It is 30 USD for half a month (15 days). If it exceeds 15 days, it is 60 USD / month. However, number of Visa days depends upon labour permit issued by the Department of Labour. You can apply neither for more or less.

       5. I have three children below 10 years as my Dependents. How much should I pay to get them Dependent (Working) Visa?

- Children below 10 years get Gratis Visa without any charges.

      6. Is my spouse allowed to work?

- No. As a Dependent of Working Visa holder, your spouse is not eligible for taking up jobs. Employment is prohibited. He/she should get separate 'Working Visa' to be able to work.